Today the final one, meaning of Ketu’s aspects in Horoscope.
Let’s take a look at those things which matter here –
Reasons behind Special Aspects of Ketu.
Dignity of Ketu.
Ketu Conjunct another planet.
Interpretation of Aspects.
Let’s cover all the points one after the other –
Ketu - Just like Rahu, Ketu also represents Illusion as both are illusionary planets but the difference is that Ketu is also the one who removes the illusion and brings enlightenment. Besides this, Ketu represents Isolation, Separation, Spirituality, Mystical World, Other Dimension means things related to Alien World, also represents Son, Dog, Intuition, Research Ability, Curious Nature, things which we have already achieved in past life and not much concerned to perform in this life.
Ketu’s Aspects – In Astrology, Ketu has 3 aspects just like Rahu and Jupiter. Ketu aspects 5th house from its position, 7th house from its position and 9th house from its position. So, if Ketu is at 4th house, it will aspect 8th house (5th house aspect), 10th house (7th house aspect) and 12th house (9th house aspect). This way Ketu aspects at 3 different houses from its place. As we know that normally planets aspect only 7th house from its place, so we can say that Ketu has 2 special aspects, i.e. 5th house and 9th house aspects.
Reasons behind Special Aspects of Ketu – In last article, we have discussed in detail as to why Rahu /Ketu got these 2 additional special aspects? So, following portion is extracted from last article
“Now, if we pay attention then we would know that Jupiter also has 5th house and 9th house aspect from its position. So, there looks a similarity in their aspects. Hence, there is an interpretation which says that because Rahu-Ketu are demonic planets and Jupiter is a Brahmin who can control Rahu-Ketu with Mantras, they have similar aspects as Jupiter. This philosophy says that Rahu-Ketu let Jupiter control themselves and in bargain they ask for Jupiter’s aspects.
I have my own reasons to decline this philosophy, which are as follows –
Jupiter (Brihaspati) is not the only Brahmin Planet in Solar System. Venus is also a Brahmin by Caste. So, I am sure that Venus (Shukracharya) also knows some Mantras to control Rahu-Ketu. Also, Shukracharya was Teacher of Demons. So, it must be easier for Rahu & Ketu to approach Venus or Venus to approach Rahu-Ketu and bargain than to go up to Teacher of Gods (Jupiter).
If Jupiter can really get control of Rahu-Ketu through his knowledge and mantra then what is the need for Jupiter to accept the offer of bargain from Rahu-Ketu and give away its aspects? What kind of control, knowledge and mantra it is that person thus controlled is still able to put his conditions?
Basically, we all are Businessman and understand the language of transactions only. So, this philosophy came up. But as I understand, reason behind Rahu’s 5th house and 9th house aspects is as follows –
Rahu is basically Illusion in the simplest of its interpretations. Whichever house Rahu sits in a person’s chart, he remains under illusion related to things and people related to that house. Like, in 10th house, illusion regarding Father and in 7th house, some illusion regarding marriage. Basically there is no clarity with things or people related with the house where Rahu sits.
Now, what are 5th house and 9th house? 5th house is house of Education and 9th house is house of Higher Education, Knowledge and Wisdom. Also, if we see minutely then these 2 houses are Bhavat Bhavam for each other. Bhavat Bhavam of 5th house is 9th house (being 5th house from 5th house) and Bhavat Bhavam of 9th house is 5th house (being 9th house from 9th house). So, both houses represent Education, Knowledge and Wisdom. Now, what can remove a person’s illusion? It is knowledge, education and wisdom.
Hence, here comes the 5th house and 9th house aspect for Rahu & Ketu. So, Rahu will give illusion in the house it sits but its 5th house and 9th house aspect show where this illusion will break and he will get wisdom? Like, in our example, Rahu in 10th house will give an illusion around Career and Father, but Rahu aspects 2nd house of Wealth & Family and 6th house of Daily Work Life and Obstacles. So, responsibilities of Wealth and Family will shatter his illusion and bring Wisdom regarding his Father. Likewise, Obstacles in his daily work or jobs will bring him wisdom regarding his correct Career”.
Only difference with Ketu here is that although it is also illusion but its nature is to Separate/Isolate person from the house it sits. Another nature of Ketu is to split the house in to 2 parts where it is sitting. Like, if it is in 4th house, person can have 2 mothers (one who gives birth and other who takes care) or if it is in 10th house, person can have 2 altogether different careers. Like, in early life person would be doing a job and in 40s, he may be in his Business.
Now, the difference in Ketu’s aspect from Rahu’s is that Ketu’s aspects show its nature of Curiosity, Research and Investigation. So, wherever Ketu is sitting, person will be inclined to research, investigate and digging deep down into details & truth in matters of those houses where Ketu aspects. Level of Research will be same in aspect of 5th house and 9th house.
Dignity of Ketu – Although, Rahu-Ketu are similar in nature but a big difference is that Rahu is very outward planet whereas Ketu is very inward planet. Rahu will explode things and Ketu will implode things. Like, Rahu in Gemini can make a person extrovert but Ketu in Gemini will make person talk a lot to himself and work internally on communication. Rahu in Cancer will be expressive with Emotions but Ketu in Cancer will go inward with emotional issues. So, here is the dignity of Ketu –
- Ketu in Scorpio – Considered as Own Sign/Exalted Ketu. Research oriented Ketu gets best suited environment in sign of Secrecy, i.e. Scorpio.
- Ketu in Pisces – Peaceful Ketu. Spiritual Ketu in Spiritual sign.
- Ketu in Gemini and Virgo – Does well as Rahu-Ketu like the association of Mercury.
- Ketu in Leo and Cancer – In enemy signs. Issues with Authorities and Emotions.
- Ketu in Taurus – Considered as Debilitated Ketu as Ketu is looking for Spirituality and Taurus is all about Materialism.
- Ketu in Aries – Active Ketu, can’t sit still especially if it is in Ashwini Nakshatra.
- Ketu in Sagittarius – Ketu searching for Higher Knowledge.
- Ketu in Capricorn – Separated from Authority. Doesn’t want to show or work under anyone’s Authority.
- Ketu in Libra – Feeling isolated in Relations. It depends on the house where Ketu falls to know relations with whom?
- Ketu in Aquarius – Scientific Researcher.
Also, we need to take the energy of the houses which Ketu rules in a particular chart through its signs Scorpio.
Last but not the least; the age of maturity of Ketu is 48 years, but it starts maturing at 42 years. So, if someone is older than 42, result may be more favourable as it is now a matured energy.
Ketu conjunct another planet – As Ketu also shows our past life karmic issues, if Ketu is conjunct another planet then it shows past life karmic issue with people related with that planet. Like Ketu-Sun shows issues with Father, Ketu-Moon shows issues with Mother and Ketu-Mercury will show issues with Siblings.
Interpretation of Aspects – Now finally, the way to interpret Ketu aspects -
- 5th house and 9th house – As both these aspects are of similar nature, their interpretation will also be similar and I think it is also the easiest. As I said, wherever Ketu sits in chart, it separates/isolates person from things or people related with that house. But wherever it aspects, person becomes curious and research oriented with things and people related with that house. Like, Ketu in 4th house can separate someone from Mother, Home and Peace of Mind but the Ketu’s aspects will go into 8th house (5th aspect) of Occult & Mysticism and 12th house (9th aspect) of Spirituality & Foreign Lands. So, this person will study and research a lot in these things and will find his peace of mind in Occult Matters and Spirituality. It also shows possibility of moving to Foreign Lands. Again, Ketu in 1st house will make person feel isolated from self and his surroundings. He will always feel he is at wrong planet. But 5th house and 9th house aspects of Ketu will make him research a lot about Higher Education, Religions, Cultures and Philosophies etc. That’s where they will find their connection. Last, Ketu in 10th house can make person feel where he is working but aspects on 2nd house of Family/Wealth and 6th house of Daily Work will make him research about these matters and assess if he can change his career to a more suitable as per Ketu’s nature?
- 7th house – Ketu also has the 7th house aspect from its place but it is also the place where Rahu is placed. So, Ketu’s 7th house aspect may make us isolated/separated from the things/people of the house where that aspect is going but Rahu there will keep the attachment on for that house and we will remain gravitated towards it. Like, Ketu in 3rd house will aspect 9th house of religions and higher learning with 7th aspect. Thus person may not be too much inclined towards Higher Education and Studies but Rahu there will keep person in such surroundings that he will get attracted towards these things.
So, this is a basic idea of how Ketu’s aspects will work in your chart. Isolation, Separation, Occult, Mysticism, Spirituality and Research will be the theme words with Ketu.
Hope this helps. Please feel free to post comments and queries, if any.
Vishal S Saxena – Astrologer
Website - www.astrosaxena.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/astrovishalsaxena/
Twitter Page - https://twitter.com/astrovsaxena
Mobile App - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.astrosaxena.app
Mob - 7207658536