It is called Neech Bhang Raja Yoga. In English, it can be said Debilitation of a planet is getting extinguished and same planet is becoming Kingly.
It happens when a planet is in its debilitated sign and that sign's lord is either sitting in the same house or is exalted in another house.
For example - Let's say, Moon is in Scorpio, so Moon is debilitated. Now, Scorpio's Lord is Mars and Mars is also sitting in Scorpio with Moon or Mars is exalted in Capricorn then it creates Neech Bhang Raja Yoga.
Another example is in attached horoscope. Mercury is in 10th house of horoscope in Pisces. Hence, it is debilitated but at the same time Venus is also placed in the same house. For Venus, Pisces is the sign of exaltation. Now, it created a Neech Bhang Raja Yoga. Debilitation of Mercury is extintguished by exalted Venus in same house and Mercury has achieved Kingly status. This way a planet becomes more powerful than an exalted planet.
But as they say, in Astrology everything is in addition. So, debilitated planet will have its impact. Where it will have impact? So, this yoga only helps in professional life. In personal life, the planet which is debilitated behaves as a debilitated only.
Other ways this yoga can manifest itself are as follows -
- If the lord of the house occupied by a debilitated planet is in a kendra or in a trikona from the Lagna or the Chandra-lagna.
- If the planet that gets exalted in the sign where a planet is debilitated is in a kendra from the Lagna or the Chandra-lagna, or
- If a planet is debilitated and is aspected by its exaltation lord.
- If the lord of the exaltation house of the debilitated planet is in a kendra from the Lagna or the Chandra-lagna.
- The debilitated planet is exalted in the Navamsa.
- If a debilitated planet is aspected by another debilitated planet or by its own dispositor.
- The lord of the navamsa occupied by the debilitated planet is in a kendra or a trikona from the Lagna which rises in a movable sign or the lord of the Lagna is in a movable sign.
- If the lord of the sign that gets exalted in the sign occupied by the debilitated planet is in a trikona from the lord of the exaltation sign of the debilitated planet. or
- If the lords of the debilitation and exaltation houses of the debilitated planet are in mutual kendras or in trikonas from the Lagna or the Chandra-lagna. Raja yoga occurs only if the debilitated planet owning a benefic bhava occupies a kendra in a benefic and friendly sign otherwise its debility is removed and regains its strength.
Vishal S Saxena – Astrologer
Website - www.astrosaxena.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/astrovishalsaxena/
Twitter Page - https://twitter.com/astrovsaxena
Mob - 7207658536